Thursday 20 December 2012


Romantic Tips for Couples: Building a Bouquet
Building a Bouquet

For our anniversary, I’ve always given my wife as many red roses as married years (I padded the first 11 years to 12 with white). Several years ago (I believe it was our 18th), I varied the routine.

I arranged with the florist to have a “stem tube” (my term, I forget the real name) of water placed on each rose. I had arranged with neighbors, friends, coworkers who lived near us, even her mother, to deliver a rose to her on our anniversary. I spent our “Anniversary Eve” delivering the roses (except to the work people).

When the alarm went off in the morning, I pulled rose #1 from under the bed and gave it to her. #2 and #3 she soon got as she woke our sons for school. All day long people kept showing up at the door with a rose. I had coworkers take their lunch break to deliver so they could be in on it. Coming home from work, I brought the few leftovers to complete her set.

The cost was only slightly more than usual, but the effect was immeasurably greater.

Romantic Word of the Day

In order to keep passion in a relationship alive, there are times we must drop what we are doing and be romantic. In order to keep myself primed for doing this, I created *The Romantic Word of the Day*.

Only I know the word (which is chosen in the morning by me). It may be the word “ecstatic,” or “appreciate,” or “beautiful,” or “god/goddess” or any other word that may or may not arise during that day. But, when it does (either my boyfriend says it or the radio or television for that matter), I must drop what I am doing, and take a few minutes time out for love and affection. Which, quite often, gets met with a wonderful response.

Can’t think of a better way to enrich my vocabulary and my relationship!

Love Is Par for the Course

One of the few activities that my sweetheart enjoys that I do not whole heartily participate is golf. His Sunday mornings, weather permitting, is spent perfecting his swing and enjoying the long walks around eighteen holes.

Though I send him off with his favorite breakfast or greet him upon his return with a cool beverage, I always wanted to have a presence on the course with him. One Saturday before his golf game, I went to our favorite chocolate factory here in town. I had them individually wrap his favorite chocolates, a couple of turtles, a chocolate covered cherry, coconut covered in chocolate plus a couple of others.

These little packages of sweetness were tied up with long curling ribbon – long enough to tie around his golf clubs. Before he headed out on Sunday morning, I tied the chocolates around the clubs and hid them under the club covers.

He headed out as usual on Sunday and I waited for a while before I headed to the course and left a final piece of chocolate in his car with a note that the best was yet to come and was waiting at home.

The part I had not anticipated was that he was teamed up with another man at the course as that particular morning the course was busier than usual. My sweetheart enjoyed telling the other man that I always find a way to make him smile, especially at the most unexpected times.

On the Greens

My boyfriend wanted to have a picnic on a golf course, but after getting permission, it rained for about a week straight.

Not giving up he went to my house and borrowed anything green he could from my roommates. This included sheets, blankets and even comforter covers. While I was in his room watching a movie, not having a clue what he was doing, he laid out all the sheets over the ground and couches.

He also tacked a blue sheet to the ceiling that he had taped stars and a moon onto. He set plants around to make it look more “authentic” and we ate take out in the “grass”. It was so romantic and a very creative idea for those rainy days.
Culled from: the love digest

No comments: